I enjoy and am honored to be the patient's guardian angel in the operating room.
Michael Kessler, M.D.
I am very lucky to be doing something every day that I really enjoy. I have wanted to be a physician since I can remember. Maybe it was the wonderful, kind and caring pediatrician who came to my house when I was a child with an illness. It made a big impact upon me. I didn't know I would become an anesthesiologist when I was in medical school but I found that it was a perfect combination of physiology, pharmacology and using my hands. I realized that even though there is significant technical skill involved, sitting down with a patient and their family before surgery is a very precious time to be a compassionate, empathetic, and engaged caregiver.
Areas of Clinical Interest
- OB Anesthesia
- Outpatient Procedures
- Plastic Surgery
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS)
- Developing the Perioperative Surgical Home Concept
- Medical School: University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Maryland Medical Center; State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Board Certified: American Board of Anesthesiology