Physician-owned, physician-led, and dedicated to the communities we serve, USAP clinicians have clinical autonomy to focus on our top priority: providing high-quality anesthesia to patients.
USAP is independent and locally governed by its 1,500 physician shareholders who own approximately half of the company and are also the largest single group represented on the USAP Board.
The USAP model protects the benefits of traditional private practice while delivering the operational excellence, capital, and resources necessary to scale and support the sustainability of anesthesia services in an evolving healthcare landscape.
USAP is a federally designated Patient Safety Organization that analyzes data from more than 2.4 million cases across more than 700 inpatient and outpatient facilities annually.
Our quality programs are run by the former Chief Quality Officer of the American Society of Anesthesiologists and support improved outcomes and reduced cost of care.
Our Clinical Operations Committee (COC), CRNA Advisory Council (CAC), and our national and local quality committees are focused on clinical quality and reflect USAP’s commitment to improved clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Twenty quality metrics captured, 6 operational metrics recorded, and anesthesia-specific patient satisfaction measured for every case, every day.
- Every USAP practice receives a positive or “exceptional” performance score for the CMS MIPS program, which looks at quality, cost, and improvement from 2019-2022.
- 33% lower reintubation rate than the NACOR national average in 2022.
- More than 96% of our 600,000+ patient satisfaction surveys scored their overall anesthesia experience with USAP as “good” or “great”—exceeding national benchmarks.
Private equity partnership has allowed USAP to:
- Recruit, retain and invest in the nation’s best talent—physicians, CRNAs, and CAAs—and support the advancement of the anesthesia specialty. USAP’s unwavering commitment to ongoing clinical and leadership training offers clinicians access to industry-leading expertise.
- Deploy industry-leading technology and expertise that enable us to optimize our operations, improve clinical quality, reduce costs, and deliver world-class support. This includes proprietary OR tools—CORE and PELICAN—that deliver both clinical and operational benefits to patients and to the health facilities and systems we serve.
- Develop a best-in-class Revenue Cycle Management capability that delivers industry-leading claims accuracy and patient-claim processing efficiency, resulting in lower costs to commercial health plans and increased billing accuracy for patients.
USAP delivers high-quality anesthesia care for all patients, regardless of insurance or ability to pay.
- 94% of commercial patients serviced annually are in-network, lowering their financial responsibility.
- USAP provided more than $10 million worth of charity care in 2022.
- Our services are designed to help all patients including our most vulnerable, with readily available resources and dedicated USAP Patient Advocacy teams supporting questions about care, insurance coverage, billing, financial assistance, and more.