Paul K. Miller, M.D.
Many years ago, I was rescued from a third world orphanage. It was a dramatic rescue. I was brought to America, where a very kind, gentle pediatrician helped nurture me back to health. As a pre-school child, I knew I wanted to be like that doctor when I grew up.
Anesthesiology allows me to focus all my attention on one patient at a time, caring for each person with kindness, gentleness and compassion. Helping usher patients through difficult, dangerous, and frightening moments in their lives has become my raison d'etre . I care for patients of all races and ethnicities, from all socioeconomic backgrounds and myriad of diseases. I remind myself daily what a privilege and honor it is to be able help people much the same way that pediatrician helped me.
Areas of Clinical Interest
- Critical Care Medicine
- Aerospace Medicine
- Medical School: Wake Forest University School of Medicine
- Residency: Penn State Hershey Medical Center
- Fellowship: Penn State Hershey Medical Center
- Board Certified: American Board of Anesthesiology
- Flight Surgeon with the U.S. Army National Guard and U.S. Air National Guard