Alec Runyon, MD
I am a board-certified cardiothoracic anesthesiologist with advanced training in transesophageal echocardiography (TEE). I especially enjoy performing anesthesia for minimally invasive cardiac surgery and guiding cardiac procedures using 3D TEE imaging. I strive to ease patients' anxiety prior to surgery and to help them get through their procedure safely and with minimal pain. Beyond cardiothoracic anesthesiology, I am a core faculty member for the only anesthesia residency training program in Nevada. Other clinical interests include regional anesthesia and medical education.
I am a Las Vegas native and I love that I can care for patients in my hometown. My wife and I have three children. I enjoy playing tennis and golf, playing piano, and serving in my church and community. I intend to practice in Las Vegas for the remainder of my career.
- Medical School: University of Nevada School of Medicine, MD 2014
- Residency: Anesthesiology, Loma Linda University Medical Center (Chief Resident), 2018
- Fellowship: Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, Cleveland Clinic (Chief Fellow), 2019
- Board Certifications:
- American Board of Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology
- National Board of Echocardiography, Advanced Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography