Susan Baquero-Young, M.D.
I am a board certified anesthesiologist who completed a fellowship in critical care anesthesia. I manage a broad spectrum of patients undergoing a variety of surgical procedures. I have a special interest in women's health and obstetrics although I enjoy managing general anesthesia for the critically ill patient undergoing emergency surgery and the general population undergoing focused surgical procedures to improve their quality of life.
I grew up in Port Orchard, Washington, but was away most of my adult life serving my country in the U.S. Army and pursuing other dreams. My spouse and I recently returned to Washington to raise our twin sons closer to family. Most of my energy away from work is devoted to exposing my sons to the great outdoors and traveling. We love to hike, camp and roast marshmallows over the fire.
- B.S., United States Military Academy, West Point, New York 1989
- M.D., Saba University School of Medicine, Saba, Netherland Antilles, 2009
- Internal Medicine Internship, University of Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri, 2010
- Anesthesiology Residency, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 2013
- Anesthesia Critical Care Fellowship, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, 2014