In today’s rapidly changing and increasingly complex healthcare environment, hospital and health system executives need both high-quality clinical care and a more sophisticated level of knowledge and service from their anesthesiology groups.
Partnering for Success, Now and into the Future
USAP is owned and clinically governed by high-caliber, highly respected, practicing physicians who understand your concerns and goals. Our people are knowledgeable thought leaders and include some of the world’s foremost experts in anesthesia. In fact, USAP provides its facility and system partners with a unique combination of characteristics that make us the preferred partner in efficiently delivering high-quality healthcare:
- We have an exclusive focus on anesthesia
- Our rigorous use of cutting-edge IT tools allows us to collect data from every case giving you complete visibility to the metrics that matter most
- And we act on patient data to continually improve our service offerings
- We invest in the ongoing education and training of all our clinicians
- We have the ability to share operational and clinical best practices across our platforms
- We have the ability to share detailed quality and other data with our hospital customers –at one site, multiple sites, and at a system level
We’ve proven time and again that our anesthesia practice can and does enhance the healthcare experience for all stakeholders and can materially reduce the total cost of care.
You’re looking for physician leadership and USAP is designed for this role.
Our Data Drives Improvements to Our Care
Our data allows us to continually improve and deliver the best patient care, patient outcomes, reduce hospital lengths of stay, reduce disruptions caused by day-of-surgery cancellations and schedule changes, drive down costs and enhance the patient experience.
Data captured through our CQI program has led to breakthrough improvements in our consent process, how we prepare patients for surgery, our OR staffing model and much more. We even used it to create a national system for collecting and analyzing adverse events.
A Breath of Fresh Air
For hospital and health systems that may be used to dealing with multiple anesthesiology groups, USAP has the unique ability to:
- Be your single point of contact for anesthesiology services
- Drive consistency in data capture, quality metrics and the control of the perioperative environment
- Drive consistent, excellent customer service and high-quality patient care across multiple sites
- Ensure system-wide adherence to quality initiatives, policies, procedures and protocols
- Manage staffing and workflows to improve OR efficiency
- Manage multiple reimbursement methodologies
- Provide access through our in-network contracting strategy
- Create a seamless experience for patients
USAP only partners with high-quality anesthesia groups that are already successful. After joining USAP, our partners continue to run their practices and maintain control over all of their clinical decisions. If you’ve been working with a group that joins USAP, you can rest assured that you will not see any immediate change in care, service or personnel. We want the current anesthesiology leadership to remain in place. We want the relationships that your hospital and surgeons have developed with the providers to be preserved.
Whether you want us to lead your anesthesia team or partner with your existing group to enhance the offering to your organization, we want to be a well-aligned partner, meet your needs and help you continue to be successful.