Lori Heller, M.D.
I am an anesthesiologist who specializes in anesthesia for cardiac surgery. I am also the Medical Director for the Swedish Blood Management Program and have a special interest in transfusion medicine, particularly in blood conservation/transfusion avoidance. I enjoy lecturing locally and nationally on blood management as well as on intraoperative echocardiography. When not doing cardiac anesthesia, I am involved in all other types of surgical cases and find working on labor and delivery particularly rewarding. Prior to becoming an anesthesiologist I practiced internal medicine in Bellevue and was chief resident of the primary care program.
I was transplanted from the east coast but have spent most of my life in Seattle. I love skiing, reading, and spending time with my three kids who make me laugh every day.
Areas of clinical interest
I am interested in diagnosing and treating preoperative anemia and optimizing patients' health prior to elective surgery.
- MD - University of Washington
- Residency - Internal Medicine, University of Washington
- Residency - Anesthesiology, Universtiy of Washington
- Fellowship - Cardiac Anesthesia, University of Chicago
- Board Certifications: American Board of Anesthesia, National Board of Echocardiography, American Board of Internal Medicine